Wednesday, July 15, 2009

family heirlooms

it's a special thing, having something passed down to you: jewellery. an item of clothing. a painting. it's lovely to know that you have something that once was precious to someone you love.

i have a few special things. some brooch's of my grandmothers. some precious bags. a few pieces of crockery. a piano.

and then this week, came something special.

made my my great-grandmother.

passed down to my grandmother.

to my aunt, and then to my mother.

and now to me.







beautiful, isn't it??







and i know what you're thinking! it's a crazy little teapot cosy. and when Mum is one of 8 kids, and now there's lots of cousins running around, you've gotta take what you can get!

but it's surprisingly comforting, knowing that this little cosy is all about the little things in life, right?

a nice warm cuppa.

a big hug from your mum.

and the memory that you come from a long line of people who have lived amazing & precious lives before you.





it's beautifully kitsch! and i love it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Bec! That's so awesome! Noone makes these anymore! Maybe I should dig out the knitting needles!
Lovely to hear from you!

Jess Stewart

Related Posts with Thumbnails